Dell printer will not work until and unless you configure it properly. A configuration of a printer is required at the time of bringing a new printer and secondly if you have brought a new personal system in your home/office.
Configuring a Dell printer is easy so without any further discussion let’s check out the right procedure to configure Dell printer.
Steps to configure Dell printer To Windows Computer
- To start with, you need to create a new folder on the computer system.
- Afterwards, share the folder via the Advanced Sharing and Sharing buttons.
- Next, you need to right click on the created folder and then choose Properties.
- Hit on the Sharing tab.
- Now, you need to click the Share button.
- Soon after type “Everyone” in the text box and enter Add.
- With this, you have to change the permission level to “Co-Owner” and enter on Share.
- And enter Done.
- You need to click on Advanced Sharing for checking the advanced share properties.
- Afterwards, check the “Share this Folder” box in case if it’s not checked and hit on “Permissions”.
- Just see that the group “Everyone” is in the list is checked. In case Everyone is not listed, hit the Add button and then add the group.
Once you have shared folder, you need to Add security rights to the shared folder.
Instructions to add security rights to the shared folder:
- First of all, right-click on the created folder and choose Properties.
- Then after hit the Security Tab and enter on the Edit button.
- Now you need to enter on the Add button.
- Start typing the name “everyone” who are into the large box and enter Check Names. “Everyone” will be listed and then select OK.
- See that “Everyone” is highlighted or User Names and after that check Full Control below.
- Choose OK.
After following the above-mentioned steps, you need to save the IP address somewhere for reference. It will be used in the Dell printer setup.
Thus, the steps are:
- To start with, enter on the Start button from the desktop.
- With this, in the search box, type: CMD and then hit enter.
- On opening the Command Prompt, type: “ipconfig” and hit enter.
- Last but not the least, the IP address will be listed.
Now you can enjoy the high-quality Dell printer printing services.